This week, we’re switching things up to examine a new domain that we just added to the OAP....
With fault detection and diagnostics (FDD), facilities teams
can track and triage the issues that are having the most impact.
When FDD includes preventive maintenance algorithms,
facilities management can shift from the costly break-fix
service model to directed and validated problem response.
How would your FM strategy change with predictive maintenance?
With predictive maintenance, you have:
- Reduction in disruptions to end users and building occupants by limiting the number of break-fix issues.
- Analytics that can do the heavy lifting for you by utilizing historical data to better understand the root cause issue from all angles and inform the fix faster.
- Dispatchers who can validate that service work completed on a specific issue has actually resolved the root cause problem.
- The ability to achieve and report on maintenance cost savings objectively and automatically.
Without predictive maintenance, you're experiencing:
- Building staff who are inundated with urgent requests from occupants or moment-in-time alarms that are not directed towards root-cause resolutions.
- Small, inefficient equipment operations that have turned into large operational problems, high energy bills and looming capital expenditures.
- Quirky design constraints that are reducing equipment lifespan because they require such specific operating conditions that are rarely, if ever, actually achieved.
- Mildly uncomfortable environments that have turned into unsafe places to life and work because maintenance teams are always too busy putting out fires.
Curious to learn more about predictive maintenance and how to implement it across your portfolio?
While your teams may already be using maintenance and management tools like computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) and outsourced specialist services, these processes are expensive and prone to error with little opportunity for oversight.
An integrated fault detection, predictive maintenance and work order system saves time and money by combining normalized data with comprehensive FDD algorithms that monitor the operation of connected equipment at a level that makes it possible to predict issues before they happen.
Technology for all your digital transformation use cases
API-FIRST DATA ACCESS
MODULAR USER INTERFACE
Fully integrated user interface for portfolio and building management. Complete with configurable dashboards to track resolutions on your highest priority issues, plus save-able charts to send to contractors and work requests for interaction and management of service providers.
Tech-enabled digital services
Industry-leading training and support services come standard with all Buildings IOT solutions. For those who need an extra set of eyes and more proactive implementation and management support, we’re here for that too.
News & Resources
Energy and demand optimization are playing a crucial role in revolutionizing the power grid and...
Hello and welcome to a new blog series on the riveting and surprisingly controversial subject of...
See it for yourself: discover real-life onPoint's success stories.
A leading real estate investment trust, faced challenges in reducing energy consumption without...
Facilities within higher education institutions often face the challenge of integrating complex...
Macerich creates an enterprise energy management solution with command and control capabilities and...
STACK Infrastructure integrates mechanical equipment and energy power monitoring to create a truly...
How standardization and a multi-system integration approach is helping Scripps Health find...
Ready to integrate FDD and preventive maintenance into your facilities management strategy?
Let’s talk about how you’d like to use your operational data to reduce operational expenses, achieve energy savings, reach climate impact targets, comply with local laws and many more use cases.