Senior Dev Ops
Senior Dev Ops / Infrastructure Developer - Ottawa, Canada
Buildings IOT Canada is looking for a full-time Senior DevOps AWS / Infrastructure Developer with experience managing software development pipeline infrastructure and building/maintaining hosting infrastructure within AWS. The ideal candidate for this position will also have proven experience building internal tooling used for onboarding new customers.
Our development team is in Ottawa, Canada and our corporate team is in Concord, California. The person in this position should be located near Ottawa, Canada and when the situation is safe and permitted, occasionally travel to work with the teams in both locations.
- Manage software development pipeline infrastructure (CI/CD).
- Build/maintain hosting infrastructure (AWS server instances, networking, domain management, etc.).
- Develop and maintain tooling used internally to onboard and maintain customer solutions.
- Create tooling used to observe and maintain software deployments.
- Continue to enhance our disaster recovery practices.
- Work with various internal teams to onboard new customers.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills and a strong collaborator
- Passion for learning about new technology
- Demonstrated competency with deploying software using AWS offerings such as ECS, EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, CloudFront, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, Lambda, SDK/CLI
- Hands-on experience with Docker
- Full software development lifecycle experience
- Experience building scalable infrastructure in AWS
- Expertise in leveraging Automation / DevOps principles, experience with operational tools, and able to apply best practices for infrastructure and software deployment
- 5 years’ experience in architecture, design, development, delivery of distributed applications
- Deep understanding of Linux operating systems and networking concepts
- Experience with Python, Gradle, NPM/Node, Maven
- Experience with HAProxy, Nginx, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Experience with software deployment services: Bitbucket, Shippable, JFrog, MongoDB Atlas
About Buildings IOT
We’re changing the way the built environment understands, reacts and adapts through technology. Our software increases the longevity of building assets, improves the comfort of building occupants and helps building owners achieve greater efficiency. We work with contractors, integrators, engineers, owners, operators and all real estate stakeholders to provide new solutions for buildings that include offices, hospitals, data centers, shopping malls, universities and government institutions. Our customers include some of the most prestigious and well-known organizations in the world. For more information on Buildings IOT, visit buildingsiot.com.
Pay and Benefits
Buildings IOT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary depending on qualifications. The overall benefits package includes paid vacation, medical, vision, and dental insurance.