Full Stack Developer
Full Stack Developer - Ottawa, Canada
Our development team is located in Ottawa, Canada and our corporate team is located in Concord, California. The person in this position should be located near Ottawa, Canada and, when the situation is safe and permitted, be comfortable splitting time between the office and remote work.
The ideal candidate for this position has proven experience across the full software stack developing and deploying secure, scalable, intuitive, multi-persona enterprise web and mobile applications to Fortune 500 entities. Experience in the buildings industry is a plus, though not required.
- Design, develop and maintain cloud-based software throughout its entire lifecycle.
- Collaborate with the team to drive continuous improvement in our software development practices and product quality.
- Interact with our product managers and customers to understand and break down business requirements.
- Ensure strong commitment to product quality and value driven development.
- Develop with an automated testing mentality in a CI/CD environment.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3-5+ years of experience building and deploying cloud-based software solutions
- Excellent communication skills and a strong collaborator
- Passion for learning about new technology
- Full stack developer, driven to create engaging user experiences
- Demonstrable experience with modern development practices, principles and patterns, including TDD, CI/CD, etc.
- Experience with cloud service providers (AWS and Google Cloud preferred)
- Strong understanding of database technologies and ETL pipelines
- Familiarity with hardware and network architectures that support enterprise applications
- Preferred requirements:
- AWS Offerings: VPC, EC2, ECS, S3, RDS, Lambda, Cloudwatch, Redis
- Java, Python
- MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Okta, SSO integrations
- GraphQL, REST, and other API-related technologies
About Buildings IOT
We’re changing the way the built environment understands, reacts and adapts through technology. Our software increases the longevity of building assets, improves the comfort of building occupants and helps building owners achieve greater efficiency. We work with contractors, integrators, engineers, owners, operators and all real estate stakeholders to provide new solutions for buildings that include offices, hospitals, data centers, shopping malls, universities and government institutions. Our customers include some of the most prestigious and well-known organizations in the world. For more information on Buildings IOT, visit buildingsiot.com.
Pay and Benefits
Buildings IOT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary depending on qualifications. The overall benefits package includes paid vacation, medical, vision, and dental insurance.