Customer Onboarding Engineer
Customer Onboarding Engineer - Ottawa, Canada or Remote
Buildings IOT is looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Customer Onboarding Engineer to join our Customer Success Department. The COE ensures building system data arrives in the Buildings IOT platform accurately and quickly - the first step to delivering an exceptional experience to all users.
The ideal candidate loves data, enjoys working cross-functionally and can make their way around a construction design drawing set with ease. Experience implementing ERP, CMMS or Asset Management systems and defining integration and data sources to build and deliver a complete solution is a plus.
- As projects are assigned, work closely with Customer Success Manager and Solution Architect to understand the scope of building systems and the sources of data that will be brought into the Buildings IOT platform.
- Quickly gain holistic knowledge of the platform from both the front-end user perspective and the back-end development perspective.
- Create the data model for each customer based on construction documents provided by Project Manager, including reviewing mechanical and architectural drawing sets, sub-contractor submittals and product data sheets.
- Work with the Development team to execute the tools that move data from spreadsheets to the Buildings IOT platform.
- Develop and implement testing protocol for data validation prior to customer hand-off.
- Identify and manage users and their roles within the Buildings IOT platform.
- As projects require, configure and deploy gateway hardware in coordination with customer to establish secure connection for data transfer from the customer’s building to the Buildings IOT cloud.
- In coordination with Customer Success Managers, support customer training and serve as a technical resource for Customer Support Reps throughout customer engagements to troubleshoot any data availability issues.
- Understand and be able to work with the Buildings IOT API and all integrated APIs that are connected to our platform.
- Support ongoing efforts to improve implementations and onboarding processes.
Education and Experience:
- Computer Science or Engineering Degree, or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience as business analyst, data integration engineer or similar technical role.
- Familiarity with buildings and mechanical systems, including HVAC, lighting and metering preferred.
- Comfort reviewing mechanical and architectural drawings, reading footnotes and defining HVAC zones based on details found within the drawing set preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with data integration, migration and data quality as well as integration of multiple, complex data systems with proven processes around data acquisition, normalization, aggregation, error handling, etc.
- Experience with ERP software or Asset Management Software and web service integrations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to explain to others deeply technical concepts associated with core job functions.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented and relational model concepts and experience with a variety of relational database servers or document-oriented databases.
- Passion for problem-solving with strong analytical skills and a deep love for technology and all of its complexities.
- Comfortable working in customer-centric environment with urgent deadlines, unpredictable issues and the constant need to think on your feet.
- Team player who is self-motivated and thrives on problem-solving.
About Buildings IOT
We’re changing the way the built environment understands, reacts and adapts through technology. Our software increases the longevity of building assets, improves the comfort of building occupants and helps building owners achieve greater efficiency. We work with contractors, integrators, engineers, owners, operators and all real estate stakeholders to provide new solutions for buildings that include offices, hospitals, data centers, shopping malls, universities and government institutions. Our customers include some of the most prestigious and well-known organizations in the world. For more information on Buildings IOT, visit buildingsiot.com.
Pay and Benefits
Buildings IOT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary depending on qualifications. The overall benefits package includes paid vacation, medical, vision, and dental insurance.