Service Technician 1
Building Systems Service Technician 1 - Southeast, U.S.
The Building Systems Service Technician I will be working in the southeastern region. This person is responsible for completing service calls, maintenance contracts, and projects while maintaining a positive customer relationship and high level of satisfaction. The person in this position is also expected to be proactive with regards to recommendations for the customer base.
This position will work with a variety of control systems, including Johnson Controls, Distech, EasyIO, Honeywell, Alerton, Automated Logic, Trane, and other control manufacturer's products.
- Complete service calls and preventative maintenance on existing control systems. This includes replacing filters, cleaning coils and confirming that equipment is working properly.
- Diagnose control and/or mechanical equipment issues
- Perform basic repair or replace equipment based on customer contract limitations, when required
- Be sensitive to expectations outside of current scope of work and involve appropriate personnel as necessary, escalate issues repair or replace is outside of the customer contract to get next level technician involved
- Focus on 100% customer satisfaction with each call, project, or customer interaction
- Strive to fully understand the customer's needs and requirements, which helps to foster long term relationships
- Maintain clear and open communication, both internally and externally
- Be timely with paperwork including time sheets, as-builts drawings, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- 3+ years of experience in the HVAC field
- Be a self-driven individual capable of working independently
- Knowledge of DDC control systems as they apply to the HVAC industry
- Motivated to learn and take on new challenges
- Skilled in the use of personal computers and with Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to carry up to 50 lbs., carry and climb a 10 ft. ladder and maneuver in and around HVAC equipment (ductwork, piping, conduit, etc.)
- Possess valid Driver's License with a safe driving record
- Ability to work unpredictable hours, including some evenings and weekends
- Positive outlook in meeting challenges and working to a high level
- Experience with Automated Logic, Trane, Johnson Controls, or Distech is preferred
- Experience in Tridium Niagara, Honeywell a plus
Pay and Benefits
Buildings IOT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary depending on qualifications. The overall benefits package includes paid vacation, medical, vision, and dental insurance.
About Buildings IOT
We’re changing the way the built environment understands, reacts and adapts through technology. Our software increases the longevity of building assets, improves the comfort of building occupants and helps building owners achieve greater efficiency. We work with contractors, integrators, engineers, owners, operators and all real estate stakeholders to provide new solutions for buildings that include offices, hospitals, data centers, shopping malls, universities and government institutions. Our customers include some of the most prestigious and well-known organizations in the world. For more information on Buildings IOT, visit buildingsiot.com.