Fully integrated building management platform in Mexico City
Project state: May, 2014
Completion date: Partnership ongoing
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Goals: High availability infrastructure, integrated building management system
Technologies: Fiber backbone, elevator integration, Niagara 4, SkySpark
Why one developer continues to trust Buildings IOT for integrated building management platforms in one of the world's most populous cities
Torre Anseli is an ambitious mixed-use building project in Mexico City. The site includes a 22-story high rise office building with an offset, integrated 3-floor shopping center, and 12 floors of underground parking. In keeping with their tradition, the Grupo Cinsa construction and management firm wanted building operations management to be fully integrated. As with their recent Torre Diana project, Grupo Cinsa retained Buildings IOT for installation and programming of its Integrated Building Management System (IBMS).
These scalable and future-ready solutions stem from a philosophy on building with the full life of a facility in mind. Selecting and implementing the right products for all applications in a harmonious way ensures secure and optimal efficiency for the long term.
With the new building construction, Grupo Cinsa wanted building operations management to be fully integrated using the best equipment available on the market today. Systems needed to be scalable and long lasting as the IoT evolves and expands. Since it was a new building construction, the IBMS needed to be installed before IT was available on premise.
Other challenges include:
- Very different work culture.
- Lack of skilled workforce.
- Finding a mechanical contractor with fiber experience.
Following the trusted Buildings IOT integration process, the team implemented the following solution for this new building management system:
- Create an IBMS fiber backbone that includes HVAC control system, electrical power monitoring, access control, water, and a unified user experience for monitoring and control using standard web browser technologies.
- Commissioning in stages allowed some tenants to occupy the building while further commissioning was completed.
- Integrated CCTV, HVAC and various other systems into the Optigo Networks infrastructure.