IT/OT Device Test Technician - Concord, California
Buildings IOT is searching for a technology professional to perform hardware and software testing on common networking and controller devices found in commercial buildings. Buildings IOT is comprised of technical experts focused on the commercial Internet-of-Things industry and our clients seek our expertise to find vulnerabilities and offer suggestions on building system equipment that may be installed across their corporate networks. Our clients, including our internal project teams, rely on our lab professionals to perform automated and manual testing of IT and OT devices used in the operation of HVAC, Lighting, Occupancy, Air Quality, Access Control, Food Service systems for a variety of building types.
All device testing must be performed using the BIOT testing rig in our lab located in Concord, CA. As such, this position is based out of our Concord office and will perform routine testing activities in collaboration with our Lab Director and other professionals supporting this effort. This position will also be responsible for performing a number of administrative and coordination tasks to help different manufacturers and vendors through the testing process. The ideal candidate is highly technical, detail-oriented, organized and comfortable with configuring a wide range of device hardware and software associated with various IT and OT products.
This position will be responsible for many daily tasks, including:
- Perform automated and manual tests of IT/OT devices using the prescribed test plan for our clients and their projects.
- Provide written reports on the results of device testing following industry and client guidelines.
- Work closely with the manufacturers and vendors sponsoring the IT/OT devices to setup and configure devices to be ready for testing. Work with the same representatives through the remediation process to pass/fail devices.
- Review technical device specifications, test plans and reports to determine if an IT/OT device will meet testing requirements.
- Manage, coordinate, and conduct data entry of device and project data within Salesforce CRM software, Google spreadsheets, status reports, and other software.
- Attend regularly scheduled phone meetings to update clients and manufacturers/vendors on the process and results.
- Consume, learn, and properly disseminate technical information associated with innovative and futuristic IoT hardware and software.
- Coordinate with other project staff to ensure accurate and timely recording of project efforts including timesheets, internal daily reports, etc.
- Communicate effectively with other team members regarding project issues, obstacles, and information needs.
- Communicate effectively with clients and all other project team members concerning problems, obstacles, issues and information needs from the lab.
- Past education experience or degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, Networking or Information Technology is preferred but not required.
- Requires Linux experience to perform the tests.
- Familiarity with other programming languages and tools such as Python, Bash, Java, Docker.
- Proven experience working with IT/OT equipment and networking hardware.
- Demonstrated experience in office computer software/systems, including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), G Suite (Google Docs, Sheets) and online CRM software.
- Because we test a variety of hardware and software products, you must have the ability to quickly learn a new piece of technology quickly and apply that knowledge immediately to operate the testing rigs and produce valid test results.
- Ability to synthesize and communicate technical process steps and technical detail (email and verbal) to both clients and manufacturers/vendors.
- Customer-focused, excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills with a proven ability to build and maintain strong client relationships.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects, deadlines and responsibilities.
About Buildings IOT
We’re changing the way the built environment understands, reacts and adapts through technology. Our software increases the longevity of building assets, improves the comfort of building occupants and helps building owners achieve greater efficiency. We work with contractors, integrators, engineers, owners, operators and all real estate stakeholders to provide new solutions for buildings that include offices, hospitals, data centers, shopping malls, universities and government institutions. Our customers include some of the most prestigious and well-known organizations in the world. For more information on Buildings IOT, visit buildingsiot.com.
Pay and Benefits
Buildings IOT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary depending on qualifications. The overall benefits package includes paid vacation, medical, vision, and dental insurance.