Inside Sales Account Executive
Inside sales account executive - software - remote
Buildings IOT is looking for a full-time, energetic and self-motivated Inside Sales Account Executive with a proven track record of developing business opportunities and converting leads to expand adoption of our software. Our flagship product, onPoint, is an analytics-as-a-service platform that enables building contractors, operators and owners to stay ahead of the problems in their buildings. With a focus on occupant comfort and health, system-wide energy use and ongoing operations, onPoint is a comprehensive building analytics package that delivers better, more reliable data to a variety of user types.
The ideal candidate will have software sales experience and the ability to explain complex analytics to both technical experts and everyday users. This is a remote position, open to applicants in the United States and Canada.
We’re looking for you to take charge of:
- Developing a strategy to manage inbound leads generated from a variety of marketing efforts.
- Managing and staffing web chat
- Hosting virtual product demos with individual prospects and larger groups.
- Developing sales proposals and accurate cost estimates.
- Serving as first point-of-contact for all prospects in the sales funnel.
- Working within Hubspot Sales Hub to track all opportunities.
- Monitoring industry trends in building analytics and building management software to provide feedback on positioning strategy with marketing and business development teams.
- Actively learning or expanding knowledge of OT systems, IT best practices, energy management programs and all project work to understand customer pain points and product benefits.
- Maintaining working and up-to-date knowledge of product development roadmap.
- Participating in sales meetings and consistently reporting progress to leadership teams.
We’ll be most successful together if you:
- Have 5+ years sales experience, preferably in a technology sector.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills – presentation experience is a plus.
- Are passionate about new technologies, whether you’re selling them or using them yourself.
- Can show a proven track record for nurturing and converting leads into sales.
- Have strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple long-lead opportunities from various sources.
- Are extremely comfortable with technical conversations.
- Are reliable and able to work both independently and as part of a team
About Buildings IOT
We’re changing the way the built environment understands, reacts and adapts through technology. Our software increases the longevity of building assets, improves the comfort of building occupants and helps building owners achieve greater efficiency. We work with contractors, integrators, engineers, owners, operators and all real estate stakeholders to provide new solutions for buildings that include offices, hospitals, data centers, shopping malls, universities and government institutions. Our customers include some of the most prestigious and well-known organizations in the world. For more information on Buildings IOT, visit buildingsiot.com.
Pay and Benefits
Buildings IOT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary depending on qualifications. The overall benefits package includes paid vacation, medical, vision, and dental insurance.