Building Systems Applications Engineer
Building Systems Applications Engineer - Remote
Do you want to change the way buildings use energy and the way people use data? Do you get excited about technology, connectivity and big data? Do you want to solve problems at scale and make a real difference? If so, this is a great opportunity for you!
Buildings IOT is seeking a Building Systems Application Engineer (BSAE) to support and continue the development of our building analytics solution. The person in this role will be involved with all aspects of the analytics solution from data integration and data modeling to the development of new analytics and reporting tools.
The BSAE will work with the onboarding team to establish secure communications and integrate data from various building automation systems into our cloud platform. They will work with our Data Scientists in the development and application of machine learning tools for semantic tagging for data normalization. The BSAE will utilize their knowledge of electrical and mechanical equipment to ensure data modeling, analytics and reporting are completed successfully. Finally, they will work on the next generation of analytics and optimization for truly smart buildings.
- Integrate BMS data into a cloud-based analytics platform.
- Apply semantic tagging and relationships to standardize data.
- Review and commission analytics and reporting and support our existing clients.
- Develop custom analytics and reports.
- Develop the next generation of advanced analytics and optimization software.
- Attend daily standup meetings and report on progress.
- Perform code reviews.
- Attend meetings with clients when needed.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related. MS a plus.
- 2+ years of experience with building HVAC equipment and controls.
- Experience with control systems and protocols including Niagara, BACnet, Modbus.
- Programming/scripting experience in Python, Axon, R, Matlab or related.
- Experience with SQL or non-SQL databases.
- Experience with data modeling a plus.
- High levels of logical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to organize tasks from multiple projects, deadlines and responsibilities.
- Experience with commissioning/retro-commissioning a plus.
- Experience with lighting and electrical systems a plus.
- Experience with IT/OT networking a plus.
Pay and Benefits
Buildings IOT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary depending on qualifications. The overall benefits package includes paid vacation, medical, vision, and dental insurance.
About Buildings IOT
We’re changing the way the built environment understands, reacts and adapts through technology. Our software increases the longevity of building assets, improves the comfort of building occupants and helps building owners achieve greater efficiency. We work with contractors, integrators, engineers, owners, operators and all real estate stakeholders to provide new solutions for buildings that include offices, hospitals, data centers, shopping malls, universities and government institutions. Our customers include some of the most prestigious and well-known organizations in the world. For more information on Buildings IOT, visit buildingsiot.com.